Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Stitches of love

I took on a new quilt project after my Liquid Stitch endeavour. I wanted to use a more complex pattern in some fun fabrics. I found this Disney Princess toile fabric - could it be any more adorable?

With a bunch of other coordinating fabrics - including a soft blue Minky knit - I pulled together a quick design chalk full of straight lines! Two favorite design elements: 

- The black and white gingham accent, gives it a pop of modern. 

- The white ruffle fabric used for the border ups the ante a bit!


All in all - I used "guesstimate" measurements, made my own binding, and hand-tied the layers together so the Minky fabric kept its characteristic nubby texture. 


This was given to my niece near her first birthday. I hope she comes to cherish it for each stitch of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment